Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lamisil--athlete's foot medication cream/powder?

Hi,





Very recently, I think I have contracted the %26#039;foot fungal%26#039;. I had gone to purchase a Lamisil cream and applied it to the toes. However, about an hour after applying it to the infected toes, it began to tingle and itch greatly. Is this natural after the cream application?





TQA for any info.





Happy New Years, too.|||I think you%26#039;re fine and you should give it some more time. You could also have it on other parts of the foot and not know it so you should put it all over the foot and when you do, you should put on a fresh pair of socks and don%26#039;t wear shoes that smother you feet if you can help it. The itching could just be a simple reaction to the medication, maybe it%26#039;s working. I don%26#039;t know if it ever makes my feet itch because it%26#039;s been awhile since I%26#039;ve had to use that stuff. I could say that if you think it%26#039;s an allergic reaction then take some benadryl and see if that helps. You can also soak your feet in water with baking soda and that will help stop the itch. After you soak your feet though, dry them off really well and put the medication back on with a new pair of socks. When you wash your laundry make sure to wash your socks in bleach.|||It sounds like you may be allergic to an ingredient in the cream... try a powder ( it%26#039;s not as concentrated) and if that doesn%26#039;t work or you have a simmiler reaction you should call your doctor and let him know... he can perscribe something different. good luck!|||I%26#039;ve always used Tinactin for athlete%26#039;s foot (spray). I don%26#039;t like the creams, they are oily and never dry. It sounds stupid, but John Madden is right, %26quot;Tough Actin%26#039; Tinactin.%26quot; It works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment