Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Can I bring prescribed medication cream on plane?

Hey guys! :) I was just wondering if I can bring prescribed medication cream on plane and if It has to be put in the quart size bag, cause I mean its medication and was prescribed for me so im not sure :/ If anyone knows a FOR SURE answer because It would be awful to get there and have to throw away my prescription. :( Best answer gets 10 points. :) Thank you guys!|||Good afternoon,





The TSA (the organization in charge or US transportation security) does permit prescription creams through security checkpoints according to their website, listed below.





%26quot;With certain exceptions for prescription and over-the-counter medicines...%26quot; (Paragraph 2 at below link).





Have a great trip!|||All medications are allowed in carry-on luggage, regardless of the size or amount. In liquid form (like your cream) they are exempt from the 3-1-1- liquid carry-on rule. If they are 3.4 oz. or less, you can still put them in the 1-quart zip-top bag. However, if they are more than 3.4 oz. you must declare them at the security entry point, as they will need additional screening. The TSA recommends that all medications be labeled so that the screening process goes more smoothly (although it is not required). Here is a link to the TSA page that discusses traveling with medications:


http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/s鈥?/a>





It is also worth mentioning that most airlines actually recommend that all medications be carried on in the event that your checked luggage is lost.|||Now I know that security at every airport is a little different so you can always check the web site for the airport you are flying from. They will have a phone number to security and you can ask someone directly.





That being said, if you take it out of your carry on bag and run it in a seperate bowl/ bin and let them know it is medication, there is no reason to deny it entry. They may have to do some additional testing on it because it is larger than 3.4 ounces, but it should be no trouble to get it through the checkpoint.|||If it is in a 3-ounce or smaller container, then there%26#039;s no problem with it going in your quart-sized bag. If it%26#039;s bigger than that, you can only bring it through if it%26#039;s going to be necessary for you to have that much cream during the flight (and you could be asked to prove it).





If it%26#039;s too big, most drugstores sell small bottles and jars, and you could probably decant enough into one of them for your journey.|||yes of course you can. I know that i shouldnt but i always put my medicine in the bag that will be put under the plane. I brought it on my carry one once and they pulled me aside and looked at every single bottle and gave me a hard time about it but let me go. Id just put it in the bag thats going under the plane|||my neice came to see us and she had prescription drugs(she had eye drops) as long as you let them know when you go through they should be ok with that. also my parents had prescription drugs too so as long as you tell them, it should be ok.|||If they don%26#039;t allow you to bring it on board, my airline let me put it in my suitcase to go in the cargo hold.


Airline %26quot;security%26quot; has really gone stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment